Six members of Pashman Stein, P.C., have been named by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine as among the top attorneys in New Jersey for 2016. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. In addition, five Pashman Stein attorneys were named to the Rising Stars list. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Among those named by New Jersey Super Lawyers in 2016 are:
- Scott R. Lippert, a member and head of the Real Estate practice. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including sales, acquisitions, tax-deferred exchanges, financing, and leasing. His practice also includes asset sales, asset-based loan transactions and the formation of corporate entities. Lippert, who was recognized by Super Lawyers in 2015, also handles land use and real estate-related regulatory matters, including applications before municipal zoning and planning boards. Lippert resides in River Vale, NJ.
- Sean J. Mack, a member and co-chair of the Litigation practice. He has substantial experience litigating complex business disputes in state and federal courts in New Jersey, New York, and other jurisdictions. Many of his clients are in the medical device, healthcare, and transportation industries. He was named to New Jersey Rising Stars in 2012 and 2013. Mack lives in Valley Cottage, NY.
- Aidan P. O’Connor, a member in the Litigation practice and head of its Criminal Defense and Internal Investigations Division. He concentrates his practice on complex civil litigation, criminal defense, and internal investigations, including securities fraud matters. O’Connor previously was recognized by Super Lawyers in 2013–2015. He lives in Chatham, NJ.
- Louis Pashman, co-founder and member of the firm’s Corporate practice. A civil trial attorney, he has extensive experience in corporate law, commercial transactions, estate planning, family law, and appellate matters. Pashman has been recognized by Super Lawyers every year since 2006. He resides in Englewood, NJ, and in Martha’s Vineyard, MA.
- Samuel J. Samaro, a member and head of the Employment & Labor practice. A Certified Civil Trial Attorney, he focuses his practice on litigating labor and employment cases of all types, including discrimination claims, disability claims, compensation disputes, and contract actions and has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies. Samaro was named to Super Lawyers in 2009-2015. He is a resident of Chester, NJ.
- Michael S. Stein, co-founder, managing partner, and co-chair of the Litigation practice. He specializes in general commercial litigation, chancery litigation, legal ethics and appellate advocacy and has substantial trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts. Stein also serves as an advisor to the firm’s corporate clients on such matters as partnership and shareholder agreements, intellectual property rights, lender liability issues, land use requirements, contracts, restrictive covenants, and chancery law. He was previously named to the Super Lawyers list in 2012-2015. He lives in Montclair, NJ.
Rising Stars recognizes the top up-and-coming attorneys either age 40 or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. Among those named to New Jersey’s Rising Stars list for 2016 are:
- James W. Boyan III, counsel in the Employment & Labor and Litigation practices. He focuses his practice on employment law and complex commercial litigation. Boyan regularly advises clients on federal and state labor and employment laws. He also defends clients in connection with governmental audits, inspections, and investigations. Boyan was also named a Rising Star in 2015. He lives in Ridgewood, NJ.
- Janie Byalik, counsel in the Litigation practice. She focuses her practice on complex commercial and general civil litigation, including breach of contract claims, business torts, and disparagement actions, consumer fraud, false advertising, shareholder disputes, oppressed minority shareholder actions, actions for breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Byalik was also named a Rising Star in 2014. She lives in Springfield, NJ.
- Ryan Cooper, counsel and head of the Privacy and Information Governance practice. He advises clients on the legal risks arising out of information and data management, including privacy, data security, and e-discovery. Cooper also counsels clients on the availability of insurance coverage for investigations and litigation for privacy, cyber, and other losses. He resides in Cranford, NJ.
- CJ Griffin, counsel in the Employment & Labor and Access to Public Records practices. Griffin regularly represents print and online media entities, open government activists, and concerned citizens in litigation under the New Jersey Open Public Records Act. Griffin was named to Rising Stars in 2013–2015.
- Brendan M. Walsh, a member in the Litigation practice. He focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and appellate advocacy. Walsh’s experience extends across all stages of litigation, from the pleading stage through discovery, motion practice and, finally, trial. He has substantial appellate experience, having successfully handled appeals in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, and D.C. Circuits, as well as the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey. He was named to Rising Stars in 2013, 2014 and 2015. He lives in Verona, NJ.
About Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. Super Lawyers Magazines also feature editorial profiles of attorneys who embody excellence in the practice of law. For more information about Super Lawyers, visit SuperLawyers.com.