James W. Boyan III
- Jan 3, 2017 - CJ Griffin and James W. Boyan III Named Members of the Firm
- Sep 23, 2016 - Jim Boyan Quoted in TTNews.com in Regards to New Overtime Rule
- Mar 24, 2016 - Pashman Stein Lawyers Selected to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Aug 31, 2015 - Jim Boyan Interviewed by NJTV News on the DOL’s Clarification of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Mar 16, 2015 - Five Pashman Stein Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers List for 2015 Six Attorneys Also Selected to the Rising Stars List
- Nov 4, 2016 - New Rule Requires Paid Sick Leave for Workers on Federal Contracts
- Dec 30, 2015 - Contingent Labor Providers Beware
- Nov 5, 2015 - Second Circuit “Likes” the NLRB’s Ruling on Facebook Activity
- Jul 27, 2015 - Are Your “Independent Contractors” Entitled to Overtime?
- Dec 2, 2014 - Social Media in the Workplace
- Feb 24, 2014 - OSHA’s Proposal to Post Your Company’s Injury Records Online
Jim provides practical advice to clients on various federal, state and local labor and employment laws. He has represented clients in state and federal courts and various administrative agencies. He has also defended clients in governmental audits and investigations. Jim also has extensive experience defending workers’ compensation claims. He has appeared at case listings throughout the state, drafted and argued motions, negotiated settlements, and tried several cases to completion.
Jim earned a B.A. in history from Colgate University, cum laude. He also received a J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, magna cum laude. Jim was a recipient of the Andrew B. Crummy and the Bergen Bar Foundation Scholarships. During law school, he served as a Senior Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review and drafted a note on the enforceability of employment arbitration agreements. Jim was also inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden, U.S.D.J. of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Prior to joining Pashman Stein, Jim was a labor and employment attorney at Day Pitney LLP.
National Institute of Trial Advocacy – Deposition Skills Program (2008)
National Institute of Trial Advocacy – Trial Advocacy Program (2012)
Quoted, “Correctly Classifying Employees,” New Jersey Business Magazine, January 2013
Quoted “Push Is On Against Long-Term-Unemployment Discrimination”, March 26, 2014: http://www.hreonline.com/HRE/view/story.jhtml?id=534356854&ss=james+boyan
Member, Board of Trustees, CASA for Children of Bergen County, 2007 – Present
Volunteer Attorney, Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, 2007 – 2013
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
Member, Bergen County Bar Association
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Included in the New Jersey Rising Star list for the editions of 2015-2016.
The New Jersey Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.