Gary S. Stein
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Advocacy
- Local Counsel
- Professional Misconduct and Attorney Ethics
- Special Retentions
- May 18, 2016 - PSWH Lawyers Participate in NJSBA Annual Meeting
- Apr 19, 2016 - Justice Stein Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Oct 29, 2015 - Justice Stein Joins ELC Board of Trustees
Justice Stein joined Pashman Stein after serving for more than 17 years on the New Jersey State Supreme Court. As a Justice, he wrote more than 365 published opinions during his tenure, the sixth longest in the State Supreme Court’s history. Prior to that, he served as Director of the Governor’s Office of Policy and Planning from 1982 to 1985, during the Kean Administration. In addition, Justice Stein acted as Paramus Borough Attorney and counsel to the New Jersey Election Law Revision Commission. He also is a former counsel to the Teaneck Board of Adjustment, former chairperson of the Bergen County District Ethics Committee, and former chairperson of the Supreme Court Committee on Complementary Dispute Resolution. Justice Stein is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation, as well as a member of the Bergen County, New Jersey State (including a previous position as chairperson of its Committee on State Legislation), and Bar Associations.
He currently teaches election law and health care law as an adjunct professor of Rutgers Law School.
-Member, Board of Trustees, Educational Law Center
-Member, Board of Trustees, Drew University
-Member, Board of Trustees, A.C.L.U. New Jersey
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States Supreme Court
- B.A., Duke University, 1954
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, with distinction, 1956
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.