- Jul 17, 2017 - PSWH Media Law Attorneys Obtain Landmark Supreme Court Ruling in Favor of Police Transparency
- Jun 22, 2017 - The Use of Prior Restraints on Publication in the Age of Wikileaks
- Jun 22, 2017 - The Noncommittal Glomar Response: Depriving the Public of the Right to Know Whether Public Records Exist
- Jan 3, 2017 - CJ Griffin and James W. Boyan III Named Members of the Firm
- Oct 26, 2016 - Firm’s OPRA Clients and CJ Griffin Mentioned on Atlantic City Press Article
- Jul 1, 2016 - CJ Griffin and Valerie McCarthy Join ACLU-NJ’s Board of Trustees
- May 18, 2016 - PSWH Lawyers Participate in NJSBA Annual Meeting
- Mar 24, 2016 - Pashman Stein Lawyers Selected to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Feb 25, 2016 - CJ Griffin Named to Board of Trustees of ACLU-NJ
- Jan 4, 2016 - Pashman Stein Announces New Member and Counsel
- Aug 27, 2015 - Pashman Stein lawyers featured in The Record in regards to the release of documents in fatal police shooting
- May 15, 2015 - CJ Griffin is Elected Chair of the LGBT Rights Section of New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mar 16, 2015 - Five Pashman Stein Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers List for 2015 Six Attorneys Also Selected to the Rising Stars List
- Mar 6, 2017 - A3626 Will Hinder Transparency Over Police Shootings
- Feb 27, 2017 - Agencies May Charge Special Service Charges, But Only In Rare Cases
- Feb 24, 2017 - Yes, You May “OPRA an OPRA Request”
- Feb 21, 2017 - The Third Exception to OPRA’s Personnel Records Exemption
- Feb 16, 2017 - A4532 Will Hinder Transparency
- Dec 22, 2016 - Exception 2 to OPRA’s Personnel Records Exemption
- Dec 14, 2016 - What Personnel Records Can I Obtain Under OPRA?
- Sep 28, 2016 - May An Agency Take Extensions to Respond?
- Dec 10, 2014 - Using New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act as a Litigation Tool
- Nov 6, 2014 - Public-Private Partnerships May Be Subject to OPRA
- Sep 8, 2014 - How To Use NJ Open Public Records Act To Get The Scoop
- Nov 6, 2013 - Domestic Violence Awareness for N.J. Employers
- Jul 18, 2013 - Employees Gaining Social Media Rights that Employers May Not “Like”
- Apr 22, 2013 - Status Update: NLRB Protects Employees on Social Media Sites
- Jan 15, 2013 - New Jersey‛s Medical Marijuana Law Impacts Employers
CJ Griffin focuses her practice primarily on Media Law, Access to Public Records, and Appellate Advocacy.
Prior to joining Pashman Stein, CJ was a law clerk to Hon. Ariel A. Rodriguez, Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division, and a litigation associate at Scarinci Hollenbeck. During law school, CJ was a Research Editor for theRutgers Law Review. Prior to law school, CJ worked in non-profit management in several non-profit organizations, including the National Housing Institute, Identity House of New York City, and Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
CJ is currently the Vice President of the Board of Trustees of the ACLU of New Jersey and performs significant pro bono work on a variety of civil rights issues. CJ is currently the Immediate Past Chair of the LGBT Rights Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association and previously served on the Essex County LGBTQ Advisory Board.
CJ earned a 2017 Professional Achievement Award from the Young Lawyers Division of the New Jersey State Bar Association. In addition, CJ is recognized as a New Jersey Rising Star for the 2013-2017 editions of Super Lawyers and was included in the New Jersey Law Journal’s “New Leaders of the Bar” (formerly “40 Under 40”) in 2012.
“The Use of Prior Restraints on Publication in the Age of Wikileaks,” New Jersey Lawyer, June 2017 (pending)
“Public-Private Partnerships May Be Subject to OPRA,” New Jersey Law Journal, November 6, 2014}
“Using New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act as a Litigation Tool,” New Jersey Corp. Counsel Assoc. Newsletter(December 2014)
“What Businesses Need to Know About New Jersey’s New Domestic Violence Leave Law,” NJBIZ, October 9, 2014
“How To Use NJ Open Public Records Act To Get The Scoop,” Law360, September 9, 2014
State v. Bacome, ___ N.J. ___ (2017)
Gilleran v. Twp. of Bloomfield, 227 N.J. 159 (2016)
North Jersey Media Group Inc. v. Twp. of Lyndhurst, 441 N.J. Super. 70 (App. Div. 2015)
Gilleran v. Twp. of Bloomfield, 440 N.J. Super. 490 (App. Div. 2015)
State v. Tate, 220 N.J. 393 (2015)
Turner v. Twp. Of Irvington, 430 N.J. Super. 274 (App. Div. 2013)
Headen v. Jersey City Bd. of Educ., 212 N.J. 437 (2012)
Wilson v. City of Jersey City, 209 N.J. 558 (2012)
ACLU-NJ, Board of Trustees, Vice President
New Jersey State Bar Association, (2009-Present)
– Immediate Past Chair, LGBT Rights Section
– Bylaws & Resolutions Committee, Member
– New Jersey Lawyer Editorial Board, Member
– Amicus Committee, Member
New Jersey Women Lawyer’s Association, Member
New Jersey Law Journal’s Young Lawyers Advisory Board, Member
Women Lawyers In Bergen, Member
Judicial Law Clerk to Ariel A. Rodriguez, P.J.A.D. (2009-2010)
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Winner 2017 New Jersey State Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division Professional Achievement Award
- Included in the New Jersey Rising Star list for the editions of 2013-2017.
- Included in New Jersey Law Journal’s “New Leaders of the Bar” list (formerly, “40 Under 40”) for 2012.
The New Jersey Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The New Leaders of the Bar list is published by the New Jersey Law Journal. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202567879607/New-Leaders-of-the-Bar
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.